Re: Re-Launching the Java SIG

On Thu, May 14, 2020 at 06:33:47AM -0500, Ty Young wrote:
> Whichever you choose. Large projects like Gnome and Fedora refer to
> themselves as one large organization one minute and then as individuals the
> next. It reminds me of how everyone says "Linux" is less resource hungry
> then Windows but "Linux" is just a kernel, as those same people will often
> say in "Linux"'s defense.

Please don't change the subject.

The fact of the matter is that nearly nobody is actually paid to work
on, or otherwise improve, Fedora.  As opposed to, say, Windows (either
the OS itself or the greater "ecosystem" around it)

If you want to get volunteers to do something, deriding and insulting
them is highly counterproductive.  Heck, that applies even if they
aren't volunteers.  If you act like an ass, don't complain if you're
treated like one in response.

I'll follow up on the mostly-unrelated remainder of your reply after I'm
back from the doctor.

 - Solomon
--
Solomon Peachy			      pizza at shaftnet dot org (email&xmpp)
                                      @pizza:shaftnet dot org   (matrix)