Re: Fedora 33 System-Wide Change proposal: systemd-resolved

On 16/04/2020 11:46, Florian Weimer wrote:
* Lennart Poettering:

Long story short: if you experienced issues with DNSSEC on with
resolved today, then be assured that with DNSSEC off things are much
much better, and that's how we'd ship it in Fedora if it becomes the
default.

Would you please clarify what switching DNSSEC off means?  Just no
validation, or no DNSSEC support at all?

If I'm understanding what is expected correctly then it looks to me
like it is actually broken regardless of whether or not DNSSEC is
switched on...

Adding +dnssec to the dig flags results in some additional flags
being set in the OPT section of the response but it does not
cause RRSIG records to be returned and whether DNSSEC is on or
off makes no difference to that.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom@xxxxxxxxxx)