Re: git-core deps under f32

Dne pá 10. dub 2020 4:12 uživatel Todd Zullinger <tmz@xxxxxxxxx> napsal:
I wrote:
> clime wrote:
>> It seems the f32's git-core got many more deps for some reason, even
>> such as dbus-broker or systemd.
[...]
> I'll try to poke a bit in the next few days as I can make
> some time.  I had not noticed the inflated depchain.  Thank
> you for pointing it out.

I was curious, so I looked at this tonight.  The git-core
requires are the same on f31 and f32:

$ diff -qs \
  <(rpm -qp --requires git-core-2.25.2-1.fc31.x86_64.rpm 2>/dev/null) \
  <(rpm -qp --requires git-core-2.26.0-1.fc32.x86_64.rpm 2>/dev/null)
Files /dev/fd/63 and /dev/fd/62 are identical

Checking each of those deps, openssh-clients grew a dep on
libfido2, which in turn requires u2f-hidraw-policy that is
provided by systemd.  That looks like the main chain which
leads to the additional packages installed in a mock chroot.

In a fedora 32 container (and most "regular" installs),
systemd is already present, so the change should have very
little impact outside of mock or other targets which are
smaller than the default fedora 32 container image.

I don't think that git-core should drop openssh-clients and
it seems pretty reasonable for openssh-clients to require
libfido2 to enable two factor authentication.

Does that sound alright to you as well, clime?

Todd, thanks for looking at it. It sounds that everything is alright from git-core's point of view, however the whole dep chain seems quite large.

I would like to install git-core into mock chroot to have git shell client available to read git metadata of fedora package repository and preproprecess spec file based on it. (side note: I don't actually even need pulling/pushing/cloning but it is probably already impossible to have git without those.)

Maybe u2f-hidraw-policy could be separated out from systemd? I probably should open a request there.

Thanks again for your help! I am really happy git-core exists!
clime

--
Todd