Re: CPE Git Forge Decision

Leigh Griffin <lgriffin@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>> If you had stopped at the first
>> objections and revisited the decision making process with the rest of
>> the community involved in an open manner, you would have been forgiven,
>> because everyone here is trying to assume good faith. Alas, you haven't
>> done that. Apologizing for your mistakes is a necessary step, but it's
>> not sufficient.
>>

> Ok let's scenario this out so as several people want us to restart and go
> again, largely because they disagree with the decision and Pagure is the
> choice that they would have made. If we re-engage now, I firmly believe we
> will get a whole new set of requirements to complement the existing
> requirements but scoped deliberately (as has been suggested by numerous
> replies) to a situation where Pagure is the only choice for Fedora.

And how will that be different from your initial set of requirements,
that had far too surprising similarities to GitLab EE's features?

I really don't like to jump in and start pointing fingers, but during
the initial discussion of the requirements, it was pointed out multiple
times that all of this looks like a pretense to ditch Pagure for
Gitlab. So honestly, I really don't see how that would make the process
so far more unfair (it would actually make it more fair to all Fedora
contributors who value Pagure & the associated values and who are
feeling increasingly ignored and betrayed).

Regards,

Dan