Re: CPE Weekly: 2020-04-04

On Mon, Apr 06, 2020 at 08:35:28AM -0400, Alex Scheel wrote:
> [...]

What do you want to do with this information? Also I do not think it is
a good idea to micro-manager CPE into a specific solution. IMHO it is
more important to get the dist-git features that Fedora requested and
probably also issue trackers for Fedora groups (for example Council,
FESCo, ...) currently implemented in
pagure.io), GIT repos with a git forge for Fedora (for example for docs,
infra, releng). And it would be great to also ensure that Fedora
contributors/Fedora Infra/CPE can contribute to these solutions to
ensure that Fedora specific requirements can be met.

If it is easier to customize Gitlab to meet Fedora's dist-git
requirements than to customize pagure, then it would be good for CPE
to do this even if more people would like to prefer pagure. If it is the
other way, then it could still make sense to use Gitlab for tasks used
by pagure.io to benefit from better Gitforge features, there, but keep
pagure for dist-git.

Also, I do not have any idea how easy it is to get changes into Gitlab,
so this is also something that needs to be taken into consideration.
I find it somewhat troublesome that these questions are not answered,
especially since the migration from pkgdb to pagure was very painful and
is not yet completed.

Kind regards
Till