Re: Fedora 32 FTBFS packages to be orphaned in 1 week

On Mon, Apr 06, 2020 at 02:14:01PM +0200, Miro Hrončok wrote:
> On 06. 04. 20 14:08, Till Maas wrote:
> >The orphaned packages still contain their previous co-maintainers. It
> >seems to me to make sense to remove them from the packages as well to
> >clarify who is really maintaining a package. Since the packages were
> >already in FTBFS for quite some time, there was enough time for a
> >co-maintainer to step in. In the normal case when a package is orphaned,
> >then the time for the co-maintainers to take over a package starts.
> >
> >What do you think?
>

> Pros:
>
> They had plenty of time to respond and haven't. They are not
> maintaining it, should be removed.
>

> Cons:
>
> They will get 6 more weeks of notifications that the package is going to be retired.
>
> The current releng script cannot do this (arguably an easyfix, but still a problem).
>
> If they only care to have access for old branches and/or EPEL, we
> have no way to recognize that.

There is a distinction to be made between rawhide, stable branches and EPEL.
Someone could be maintaining a package in EPEL and not interested in Fedora, or
interested in stable Fedora and not rawhide, so orphaning it in Fedora would
have no effect for them.

With this in mind, I'm not sure if we can remove co-maintainer when orphaning a
package.

Pierre