Re: How to retire a package only for Fedora 32+

On Fri, Apr 3, 2020 at 1:42 AM Andrew Toskin <andrew@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> > The Guidelines say to run "fedpkg retire" on all branches you want the
> > package to be retired on, starting with the oldest one. Since you
> > already started with "master", you'll still have to switch to the f32
> > branch and run "fedpkg retire" there as well.
>
> Is the implied `git push` at the end at the end of `fedpkg retire` all that needs to be done, or do I also need to build on Koji and push to Bodhi like a regular package "update"?

Well, there's no .spec file to build anymore, so you can't build the
package in koji, and so there can't be a build to file a bodhi update
for.

"fedpkg retire" blocks the package in koji (which makes it disappear
from the repositories once this has propagated through the system),
and marks it as retired in git (with the "dead.package" file.
So no further actions are needed beyond that. The package should be
gone from the repositories within 24 hours, unless something is
broken.

Fabio