Re: CPE Git Forge Decision

Am 01.04.20 um 08:42 schrieb Clement Verna:
> I think this feeling comes from the mixing of git forge and dist-git use case
> that you have pointed out.

That seems to be the core of all the talk about "feature gaps" - obviously
pagure is not nearly as advanced as gitlab/github when you want "some space
for generic software development" (and probably will never be).

However using a generic git forge means we need a separate "self-service
application" for administration of Fedora packages. We had that in the past
(packagedb).

I don't want to presume too much but I just hope you researched why packagedb
was decommissioned and why people thought integrating the functionality into
pagure was a good idea?

Right now this really feels like a kind of ping-pong (from packagedb to pagure
to packagedb2?). I'm not against reversing decisions when the environment
changes or just because after careful consideration something seems like a
better choice. Still I'm worried that the CPE team might have missed some of
the lessons learned in the past...

Felix