Re: The Git forge decision (was CPE Weekly: 2020-03-28)

Le dimanche 29 mars 2020 à 23:47 -0400, Neal Gompa a écrit :

> > As a General User
> > I want to access repos fully over https
> > For environments where SSH is blocked
>
> I would be really curious if the Red Hat Infrastructure Security guys
> have changed their opinion on this after four years of blocking the
> development of this feature in Pagure. The two major reasons we don't
> have this in Pagure are:

Neal,

Security is the usual excuse not to implement stuff. That does not work
when competing with others that did their homework. As you noted
yourself ssh accesss is not blameless either.

Gitlab and Github work in https mode. Pagure does not. End of story.

Expecting others to hole their security with corkscrew because of the
ssh holy cow was never going to impress any third party.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot