Re: The Git forge decision (was CPE Weekly: 2020-03-28)

On 30. 03. 20 5:47, Neal Gompa wrote:
On Sat, Mar 28, 2020 at 4:12 PM Aoife Moloney<amoloney@xxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
### Other Updates

#### GitForge Decision
* After evaluating over 300 user stories from multiple stakeholders we
have aligned on a decision for the Gitforge that CPE will operate for
the coming years. We are opting for Gitlab for our dist git and
project hosting and will continue to run pagure.io with community
assistance.
     * Check out our GitForge decision on the Fedora Community blog
https://communityblog.fedoraproject.org/
     * And at the CentOS blog page
https://blog.centos.org/2020/03/git-forge-decision/
* Keep an eye out for mails in the coming months to the devel lists as
we plan transitions and next steps with GitLab
* We would like to express our sincere thank you to all who
contributed requirements to us!

I'm going to start with the delivery of this decision sucked. If I
hadn't been alerted to look for this by other folks due to my advocacy
and community building work around Pagure, I would*not*  have known
that the decision had been made. This is in contrast to the*big deal*
that was made about starting this "decision process". I don't know if
there were folks counting on nobody noticing this or not, but this is
not a good way to deliver effectively a major decision like this.
Thank you Neal for pointing this out. I agree fully. This is not nice.

The original proposal promised Fedora Council involvement. I wonder where that happened, I could not found any Pagure ticket nor a Council mailing list thread about this.

--
Miro Hrončok