Re: Nvidia binary drivers fail to install on Fedora 32

Leigh Scott wrote:
> We don't supply compiled kmod packages at rpmfusion,

Since when? Why? Where was this discussed?

A compiler has no business being on end users' systems. Fedora is not
Gentoo. The akmod approach is flawed, independently of Silverblue etc.

RPM Fusion used to provide compiled kmod packages for years, and those just
worked. (Well, for the proprietary ones, they only worked as well as
proprietary drivers work to begin with, but that was no fault of the kmod
packages.) So why and when did that stop?

And the way Silverblue works, it is just not possible for them to support
akmod packages, by design. I consider this a major design flaw in
rpm-ostree. But RPM Fusion refusing to provide binary kmod packages does not
help, either.

        Kevin Kofler