Re: CoC

On 20/03/2020 04:33, John M. Harris Jr wrote:

> Hi Martin,
>
> Please see the Fedora Code of Conduct[1]. Referring to other members of the
> community as "sock puppets" falls a bit shy of "be excellent to each other",
> in my opinion.
>
> 1: https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/project/code-of-conduct/

Martin's link is to an article that has been cut-and-pasted from trolls
and cyberbullies.

A genuine journalist contacts people on all sides of the story before
printing something.  That basic principle is found in /Ethics for
journalists 101/.  LWN didn't contact me at any time.

Moreover, it is an even more serious violation of a journalist's ethical
code to put unreasonable attention on a private individual at a time of
grief.  Yet LWN insists on doing abusive stuff like that too.

The last couple of years have been absolute hell for my family and I.
The insistence of certain people in Debian, FSFE and now LWN to
insinuate there was some question about my competence or integrity only
shows how out of step they are with society at large.

If you want to talk about sock puppets, you might just find they are
your neighbours[1] and not sock puppets at all.

Regards,

Daniel

1.
https://fsfellowship.eu/st-patricks-day-2019-ifso-and-finding-sock-puppets/