Re: Anaconda quick-docs need review

On Tue, Mar 10, 2020 at 08:55:16AM +0000, Ankur Sinha wrote:
> I honestly don't know. These were converted along with a bunch of other
> wiki pages when the quick-docs were initially populated. I'll remove
> them from the quick-docs now.

For context: I made the initial list of quick docs from the most popular
pages which seemed user-focused on the wiki. So that's how this got there.

> No, the wiki isn't going away but it is meant to be more of a scratch
> pad for contributors now. Relatively static information is slowly being
> moved to the docs. This includes user-facing documentation, and other
> bits like SOP documents for various teams. For example:
> https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/engineering/

+1

A few years ago, Mo Duffy and I identified something like two dozen totally
different ways in which the project uses the wiki, from docs to policies to
scratch pads to meet notes to QA test matrices to user pages to I don't even
remember what now but I am not making up the number.

Having this all together results in a poor user experience for people who
want to read current and authoritative docs without being one click away
from what's basically very perplexing deep-knowledge territory. So, we
decided to create a separated docs site.

Now, it very well may be that the anaconda docs shouldn't be part of quick
docs, but if it's meant to be user-facing, somewhere on the docs site would
be a good.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>