Re: [Test-Announce] Taskotron Going EOL on 2020-04-30

On 10. 03. 20 19:16, Tim Flink wrote:
I was under the impression that the python-versions check wasn't needed
going forward. Did I misunderstand something?

Technically, it is not needed for Fedora 32+ unless people go and push serious regressions. However we monitor rawhide pretty closely and report bugs immediately when something like that happens.

For Fedora 30 and 31 the checks still make sense until those releases go EOL. Not sure however if it's worth investing time in.

For the short term, I can hack those to run in Jenkins for now so that
it (and any others needed) continue to run and aren't disrupted.

I'd be more interested in how's that supposed to be done rather than the result. From you offer, it seems that you actually know that. I would be interested in hacking something up together with you to see how this works. But honestly, rather than "your package requires both Pythons" I'd hack "your package breaks dependencies for 80 other packages". Do you think that's possible?

They would eventually need to be ported to the new setup which I'm told
will be based around tmt. Some of those details have come up already and
the Fedora CI folks will have more information once more of the required
bits are in place.

I am honestly afraid that the Fedora CI folks are overwhelmed already. At least that's the impression I get form the tasks that remain unanswered for months :(

https://pagure.io/fedora-ci/general/issues?status=Open&author=churchyard

--
Miro Hrončok