Re: infrastructure problem: koji and bodhi responding very slow / dl with 80kb/s

On Thu, Feb 13, 2020 at 03:31:26PM +0100, Marius Schwarz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> while testing ff 73 update, i noticed that bodhi and koji are sponding
> very slow. The download speed at koji for germany was around 80KB/s,
> while other parts of the country reached MB/s easily.
>
> As bodhi does not have that much html to transfer, i don't think it's a
> network issue.

I haven't seen any other reports and it's very fast here.

Do note that koji and bodhi are both things that are in one place: our
main datacenter in phx2 (arizona, usa). They aren't distributed.
So, I suspect it _is_ network between there and you.

Unfortunately, I am not sure there's too much we can do about it.
If it's some upstream network issue we can try and talk to providers,
but we seldom have any luck getting them to do anything.

We are going to be moving from the phx2 datacenter to another facility
in virgina, usa later this year. I have no idea if that will improve
things for you though. ;(

For koji downloads (those things that use kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org) we
might be able to setup amazon cloudfront, that would help with those.

> Could someone from the infrastructure team take a look at your dashboards?

Do please note that if you hit an infrastructure problem, it's really
best to open a infrastructure ticket, not post to devel list (which we
read in our spare time):

https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure/issues

Sorry I couldn't be of more help...

kevin