Re: infrastructure problem: koji and bodhi responding very slow / dl with 80kb/s

On Thursday, 13 February 2020 18:18:03 CET Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 13, 2020 at 03:31:26PM +0100, Marius Schwarz wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > while testing ff 73 update, i noticed that bodhi and koji are sponding
> > very slow. The download speed at koji for germany was around 80KB/s,
> > while other parts of the country reached MB/s easily.
> >
> > As bodhi does not have that much html to transfer, i don't think it's a
> > network issue.
>
> I haven't seen any other reports and it's very fast here.
>
> Do note that koji and bodhi are both things that are in one place: our
> main datacenter in phx2 (arizona, usa). They aren't distributed.
> So, I suspect it _is_ network between there and you.
>
> Unfortunately, I am not sure there's too much we can do about it.
> If it's some upstream network issue we can try and talk to providers,
> but we seldom have any luck getting them to do anything.
>
> We are going to be moving from the phx2 datacenter to another facility
> in virgina, usa later this year. I have no idea if that will improve
> things for you though. ;(
>
> For koji downloads (those things that use kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org) we
> might be able to setup amazon cloudfront, that would help with those.
>
> > Could someone from the infrastructure team take a look at your dashboards?
>
> Do please note that if you hit an infrastructure problem, it's really
> best to open a infrastructure ticket, not post to devel list (which we
> read in our spare time):
>
> https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure/issues
>
> Sorry I couldn't be of more help...
>
> kevin

I don't have any issue with Bodhi, but Koji is extremely slow for me too, it
isn't a bandwidth problem but the time the server takes to answer a page
request is always several minutes, which makes it excruciatingly annoying when
trying to get logs for a failed build.

Best regards,

Robert-André