Re: Fedora pagure confusion wrt EPEL

On Fri, 31 Jan 2020 at 00:56, Fabio Valentini <decathorpe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> > It seems the "support" in PkgDB was also a "lie", because BugZilla
>> > doesn't even support default assignees per-branch.
>>
>> It just worked, and when somebody opened a ticket about an EPEL package,
>> the EPEL-specific maintainer became the assignee _by default_. Whether
>> bugzilla knows a separate "default assignee" is beyond my interest,
>> unless somebody or some script reassigns tickets to me which are not of
>> my concern.
>

> Did you actually read what I wrote? I said "per branch maintainership" is not supported, and never really was. But I explicitly wrote that you're able to make a destinction between bug assignees for fedora and EPEL versions of your package ...

You are talking in riddles then. Either bugzilla can handle different
assignees for EPEL and Fedora, or it can't. Even prior to pkgdb, we
had a list in cvs with different "package owners" for EPEL and Fedora,
and e.g. for rpmfusion I created a script that synced the data to
bugzilla, so we could create new components in bugzillla and update
them, too, simply by running a script periodically. It just worked.
EPEL package had different assignees than Fedora packages. And orphans
would be assigned to orphan owner appropriately.

> So what you want to achieve (not get bugs for EPEL component assigned to you) still works today and will keep working, with UI for it on the way ...

As in the original email that starts this thread, I never signed up as
a maintainer for EPEL packages and don't want to become an assignee
(and/or "default assignee") for them either. In this mysterious pagure
webui I cannot even see what I'm assigned to and what fellow packagers
are assigned to. All I see for "claws-mail" is that there is only a
single "member", but I cannot see any data that would give hints about
what's up with the EPEL packages.