Re: Update: AAA replacement login Initiative

On Thu, Jan 16, 2020 11:46:50 +0000, Sarah Finn wrote:
> Hi all,

Hello,

> I hope you are all well.
>
> I would like to invite you to contribute to our new initiative: AAA
> replacement login.

Thank you. I had a look at the user stories and wondered: is it merely
meant to be a modernisation/rewrite of FAS with the same features
(and I assume: back-end improvements), or are new user facing (and
other) features also intended to be added?

As trivial examples off the top of my head (as a user): I was hoping
we'd be able to mention multiple IRC nicknames in the new system so
zodbot (and other services) could pick them up.  Similarly, given that
we're using new social media platforms in the community now, I was
hoping we could make it possible for user accounts to include this
information (Telegram/Twitter/multiple e-mail accounts). Usability on
mobile platforms is another issue with the current FAS, but I expect
anything developed nowadays will be mobile compatible.

I'm sure other community members have their own enhancements in mind.
Have these and other limitations of the current FAS been
discussed/listed somewhere so the new system doesn't end up having them
too? (Sorry if the user stories were discussed with the community (the
users in this case) already---I've been failing miserably to keep up
with everything that goes on in Fedora in recent times :(.)

--
Thanks again,
Regards,