Re: Fedora 32 System-Wide Change proposal: Drop Optical Media Release Criterion

On Mon, Dec 16, 2019 at 4:06 PM John M. Harris Jr <johnmh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> An older installation medium can be used and the system upgraded. And older
> installation medium can be used and pointed at latest installation
> repositories (this is not guaranteed to work, but works in majority of
cases).

This is just an excuse for exactly what I said would happen: A release with
broken optical install media. This is easily avoidable.

John, you keep repeating the same arguments over and over. You don't need to reply to each and every mail and state your position. If you think that being overly vocal will change people's perception of the proposal - I don't think so. It might just change their perception of you. We've heard you. We understand your position. Please don't spam this thread so hard - make it easier for others to read it and participate in it as well. Thank you.

If you care so deeply about optical media working in Fedora, the best thing you can do is to regularly participate in testing. Fedora is driven by people who work on stuff in areas they're passionate about. This can be your area and we'll certainly welcome your contribution. Fedora 32 release cycle is coming up soon.