Re: Fedora 32 System-Wide Change proposal: Disallow Empty Password By Default

Am 06.12.19 um 17:33 schrieb John M. Harris Jr:
>> But plymouth ui needs to be changed anyway to get a working OSK, or
>> tablets and mobiles are not be able to use encryption.
> What you're asking for would be incredibly difficult. It could be done, but
> not with Plymouth, and not without increasing the size of initramfs by several
> 10s of not 100s of MB. Right now, Plymouth doesn't handle input. Well, it
> does, but not most things. It's actually the underlying vtty that handles
> input of the passphrase.

You mean, that when plymouth comes on, there is no real UI system that
could handle mouse events, which are needed
to simulate a osk. But that can't honestly be so much hassle, as we
don't need a full featured mouse handler, a simple one would be enough:
leftclick, mouse move thats it.

A font to render all the possible keyboardlayouts will take much more
space and should be limited to the one the system uses+ a default one
with "most used language" support.

M$ has added a simple OSK on boot in it's bios, so you  can select
things in touchmode before the real os is running. Not very shiny, not
perfect, but there if needed. A little bit better should "our" system
be, but i don't expect complains, if it isn't a super smooth running
system with cutting edge graphics ;)

On the other hand, as android is capable of FDE, they must have made
some importanted changes that can be of use here.

Best regards,
Marius