Re: Fedora 32 System-Wide Change proposal: Disallow Empty Password By Default

Am 06.12.19 um 08:57 schrieb Lennart Poettering:
> If you know where stuff is located you can change individual blocks in
> files. You are not going to know what you are changing them to, but
> you can change it and traditional files will not detect that you did that.

That is correct, but i did not see, how dm-integrity can help here, as
there is nothing to compare it to,
as dm-integrity was invented with raidsystems in mind, where it makes a
lot of sense.

I found no evidence that it will autocorrect a "manipulated" sector, and
i guess, that it does not even know how to fix it.

Does it stop booting?
Does it send an alarm to the user?
When does it do this?
Does it do it at all?
What if the sector is not hit while booting?
How and when do we get a notice of the manipulation?

Best regards,
Marius