Re: Announcing new anitya integration and de-orphaning process

On Sat, Nov 30, 2019 at 3:00 PM Kevin Fenzi <kevin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 30, 2019 at 02:25:08PM +0000, Mat Booth wrote:
> > On Fri, 29 Nov 2019 at 07:32, Igor Gnatenko <
> > ignatenkobrain@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > >
> > > Because it is really hard to run two systems at the same time and keep
> > them synced?
> >
> > Then let me rephrase. IMO the replacement system shouldn't have been
> > commissioned into production before it reached feature parity.
>
> The problem was new features. The option was either to retire pkgdb and
> move on, or implement new features in pkgdb at large development
> time/cost. There were several things pkgdb couldn't handle, I can't
> recall them all, but stream branches was a big one.

Well, there *was* a third option: wait until pagure reached feature
parity with pkgdb before implementing new features like stream
expansion.

But in any case, I'm really glad that we do now finally have anitya
integration and easy de-orphaning back in pkgdb. Thanks to everyone
who made this happen!

Ben Rosser