Re: do not remove arpack package from Fedora

On Sat, Nov 30, 2019 at 01:42:04AM +0100, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Fabio Valentini wrote:
> > I'm not really sure what you want to say here. There's a pretty strict
> > policy about what changes provenpackagers are "allowed" to make to
> > "foreign" packages, and it doesn't include pushing minor improvements.
>
> Well, in practice, a provenpackager can usually get away with just pushing
> stuff as long as nobody complains, and in particular with just pushing
> pretty much anything to effectively unmaintained packages. :-) And I don't
> really see a problem with that. As long as you are not making anybody

Well, the main problem is that then they don't really see any of the
consequences of their actions, at least from users. ie, provenpackager
pushes to unmaintained package, users file bugs, but since no one is
watching those, nothing happens. Of course even if the package is
maintained there's not any promise, but at least a maintainer should see
what happened...

kevin