Re: Is 50+ RPM Subpackages too extreme?

On Wed, 2019-11-27 at 07:44 +0100, Igor Gnatenko wrote:
No, 50 is perfectly fine. As others mentioned, we have much bigger amount of them in texlive.
Yeah, I also don't really see a problem in making packages more granular. There are many usecases
where you want that, such as installation images or minimal cloud images and containers.

If packages are not granular, you need to resort to ugly hacks that are hard to maintain if you want to make your
image smaller. With granular packages you can install only what you really need, no hacks required!

If those are like plugins which may or may not require other packages, I would split them. And probably put Recommends in the main package for the most used ones.