Re: Introducing Square 1

On Monday, October 28, 2019 12:59:07 PM MST Troy Dawson wrote:
> Smoother initial creation of RHEL 9.[5]
I hope this is already clear, but what is good for RHEL is not necessarily
good for Fedora. If it would do good here too, that's excellent. If not, that
will be something that needs to get done down the line, perhaps in "CentOS
Steam".

See the package group @core?

> -- trimming out "extra" package languages.  (ex: perl for a
> minor script, when everything is in python.)

I don't really understand what you mean by this. Many contributors prefer to
contribute with Perl scripts, rather than Python scripts. There are many
people, myself included, that know Perl well, but do not know Python well, if
at all.

> -- trimming functionality and/or moving functionality to sub-packages
> or separate package.
For what purpose? Can you provide an example of a package which would benefit
from this, that does not already do something similar?

> - integrate these tests into the rawhide gating system, to alert when
> new dependencies have been added.

This could also be integrated into the already-extant release monitoring
software.

--
John M. Harris, Jr.
Splentity