Re: Encrypted DNS in Fedora

Le jeudi 07 novembre 2019 à 18:32 +0100, Sheogorath via devel a écrit :

> The talk is right on many points, but I think it dismisses the most
> essential point DoH does right: DNS is a decision of the device
> owner.

And the owner should be able to delegate this decision to the network
manager.

Suggesting static config is good enough outside the enterprise is a
joke. Count the number of networked things in the modern home, it grows
every years. A lot of those roam, either because they are designed to
roam (smartphones) or because people vacation, because they like to
share their stuff with friends and families, because they like to show
of. A lot of those are cheap-ass gadgets that will revert (reset) to
factory settings at the slightest problem (sometimes, just because the
battery is dead, the juice was cut, and settings are kept in memory).

Ansible or puppet are not designed to solve such generic situations.

Network management is no longer an enterprise-only concern.

Treating it as a sysadmin problem does not work.

The network happened. And not only internet side.

--
Nicolas Mailhot