Re: List of Python 2 packages to be removed mid-November (= in a week)

On 07. 11. 19 14:41, Felix Schwarz wrote:
Hi Miro,

Am 07.11.19 um 14:34 schrieb Miro Hrončok:
We actually are wiping out the entire Python 2 ecosystem here, that is the point.

Ok, maybe I misunderstood the change.
Just to be clear: I'm fine with the Python 2 package removal (though I expect
I'll continue to develop Python 2 code outside of Fedora for many years to come).

However the wiki page says:
"All packages depending on any python2 package will be removed."

All "binary" packages.

To me this means if there is a python2-six subpackage after a certain cutoff
date we also remove the actual Fedora "python-six" package because it produces
a Python 2 subpackage which can not be built any longer.

In that sense I feel like "python3-six" is a high-profile package because its
removal would cause quite a lot of dependent packages to be removed.

So maybe I just misunderstood the change. What happens when a package like
python-six still produces a Python 2 subpackage after $CUTOFF_DATE ?

We'll remove python2-six and keep python3-six.

Sorry for the confusion.

--
Miro Hrončok