Re: Need help: SWIG related build error for python-pivy?

On Sat, Sep 14, 2019 at 4:45 AM Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Richard Shaw wrote:
> I also ran a diff from the same Pivy compiled with Coin3 and Coin4 and the
> ONLY significant difference is where the asterisk is on the QWidget lines:
>
> Coin3: ...(QWidget *...
> Coin4: ...(QWidget*...
>
> Does the space between QWidget and asterisk make a difference?

It should not. The C++ compiler does not care either way, it is the same
type. Whitespace is not syntactic in C/C++, unless it splits a token into 2
(e.g. "long int").

I need to learn more C/C++ one of these days...

Long story short the difference was due to autotools vs. CMake implementation, not the version of Coin. I even patched CMake to produce the same output as the Coin3 version of the file so they were identical other than comments. It's still choking on the same file.

Getting frustrated with SWIG's lack of useful error output. I've tried patching in a few different debug option but it hasn't produced anything useful.

If I remove "-includeall" from SWIG I get rid of the missing standard c++ include problems but then it produces:

BUILDSTDERR: /usr/include/Inventor/Qt/devices/SoQtDevice.h:73: Error: Syntax error in input(1).

This only place this error is mentioned in the SWIG documentation is in the Warnings section, which is funny because it's an error not a warning and it's used an example of warning output, no further details given. On googling it, I've read that the line number is not reliable if macros are involved so I really don't know where to look.

Because I'm having ot build a stack of programs at once using mockchain I figured this would be a good time to try out toolbox. It works from my regular login but when I su login to my build user (I do all my packaging work separately from my main login) it doesn't work:

$ toolbox list
toolbox: unable to migrate containers: runtime directory not created

Looks like it needs to mature a bit.

Thanks,
Richard