Re: Fedora 31 System-Wide Change proposal (late): No i686 Repositories

Oh, brother...

So, you are insisting that Koji just doesn't work without any assistance? And that it's impossible to build a separate i686 repository without affecting all others? And that you can't exclude that architecture for a specific package? If that's the case then it's very different from what I already knew.

I didn't answered your other question because I've answered the same question several times already. Yes, I have a use cases where I'll get a severe performance hit if I was not careful. And this is related to available memory and swapping. And I can't afford losing yet another hundred megabytes for no particular reason. And I don't think that constantly upgrading my computer is the answer. I remember times when it was possible to install Red Hat Linux on a computer with 32 MB of RAM. Going in that direction I should do nothing but upgrade every now and then even though I don't want my computer to affect my activities that hard. And some people thought that Windows 95 was a memory hog!

Honestly, I'm tired. And I don't think that arguing further will be of any help. I'm convinced that I really have no other choice but just use some Linux distribution that doesn't requires me to spend so much time explaining to everyone why I need things in my life to be the way I need it.

And it reminds me about some guy who maintains some quite popular software. He used some old SUSE until he was forced to upgrade. After struggling with consequences he just bought Apple computer with Mac OS. He explained that he is just too old to waste so much time on unimportant things. I don't remember his name.