Re: translucent gnome top bar gone in F31?

On Mon, Sep 09, 2019 at 04:39:47AM -0700, John M. Harris Jr. wrote:

> > > This is precisely the issue with GNOME entirely. It assumes the user
> > > shouldn't
> > > have a choice, that some designers know best.
> >

> > Yes, precisely *your* issue. I’d rather someone think for me as far as
> > defaults go and not give me a quest to set everything up just right
> > every time I install the DE.
> >

> Decisions such as this, inspired by the idea that *somebody* knows best, and
> it just works for everyone, are precisely why I won't be able to deploy RHEL 8
> until KDE is available through EPEL or another repo. Heck, the only reason I
> can even run RHEL 8 on my test box is because I manually compiled KDE for it.
>
> This is incredibly common in GNOME, where people just make a decision and try
> to enforce it on the users. Things everyone hates, like moving the mouse into
> the top-left corner opening some weird menu, and the only way to disable it
> being third party software. (Something I've had to provide a fix by default for
> on my RHEL 7 deployments, where some of my users prefer GNOME), and where
> users request that I install gnome-tweak-tool for them so that they can make
> basic preference changes which just aren't available otherwise.

  John,

  you personal opinions are not providing anything valuable in this
 thread.  This went offtopic too much, bordering on insults.
  Please keep our mailling list productive and civilised.

--
Tomasz   .. oo o.   oo o. .o   .o o. o. oo o.   ..
Torcz    .. .o .o   .o .o oo   oo .o .. .. oo   oo