Re: Packages with broken dependencies on Python 3.7

Am 05.09.19 um 14:57 schrieb Richard Shaw:
> [python-pyside/shiboken]
> - AFAICT these were only designed to work with Python 2, Pyside2 brought
> compatibility with Python 3.
> - My opinion: All consumers of Pyside need to attempt to move over to Pyside2
> then Pyside/Shiboken can be retired.

+1

Even though pyside 1 works with some versions of Python 3 it is quite buggy.
As far as I know the pyside(2) developers considered even beta versions of
pyside2 to be much more stable than pyside1.

Once pyside1 is retired we should also retire shiboken and the other build tools.

>From a quick look (F30) there are not many dependent packages in F30:
- yubikey-piv-manage
  dead upstream, no longer being maintained
  maintainer: orion

- ubertooth-specan-ui
  latest upstream release "2018-12-R1" supports (only) pyside2
  - actually Fedora is carrying an extra patch which reverts back to pyside1

- freecad

Richard: IIRC you also maintain freecad in Fedora, right? In that case I think
you would be the best person to drive the change forward and retire
pyside1/shiboken/apiextractor afterwards.

Felix