Re: Debates/back and forths

Hi Danni,

Danny Lee <dreamer@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm new to the devel list and fedora in general, but i was wondering if
> these kind of back and forths between a few people is a frequent
> occurrence.  I came to Fedora to volunteer what little spare time I have
> to help the Fedora project in some little ways. I don't feel that should
> include wading through dozens of emailed back and forths between
> individuals who seem to have strong, immovable opinions, I just don't
> have time for that.

Welcome to the club of all the "silent" contributors!

Usually I try to follow discussions if they appear relevant or
interesting to me, but once they "tip over", I mark that thread as
deleted and mercilessly nuke everything new that comes in.
Yeah, I might miss some important information, but it's unlikely tbh
once you are 20 replies deep into a thread.
On the other hand: I don't want to spend all my free time reading
emails.

So, if you don't care about a specific topic: just ignore & delete it.

Btw, this list is imho still pretty moderate, only the occasional
controversy causes a huge thread of replies (and people manage to stay
civilized and tend to bring in new arguments). There's other lists
(unnamed to protect the guilty) where the signal to noise ratio is much,
much worse.