Re: Printing system proposal

John (J5) Palmieri wrote:
porting to the new dbus and hal api's. That is almost done and on our
agenda is to get back to the printing issues. At that point I will look
more closely at your proposal.

Good to hear that it's on the agenda, because after some 40 years, unix deserves a good printingsystem.

BTW you need to illustrate the system/session split in your proposal. On an initial glance the flow looks wrong to me (things like you will
never get cups accepting dbus commands directly). It needs to be more
detailed. Thanks.

Hmm, from your reply I make up that DBUS works in a different way than I think. I'll read into it and come back with a better/different proposal.

Anyway nice to hear that RH is interested in the view of "outsiders".

Remco Poelstra