Re: Discussion around app retirements and categorizations by the CPE team

On Tue, Jul 30, 2019 at 01:13:50PM -0400, Tim Zabel wrote:
>    Hello,
>    I'm a little late to this conversation, but is fpaste in Category 4 due to
>    the high legal costs, or because of a lack of a maintainer?
>    It would be sad to see fpaste go away because of legal reasons. Is there a
>    better way to handle this?

Basically both, it has a very high legal cost and the software we use is not
maintained and hasn't been for a while. Finding a new pastebin that works, means
investigating the ecosystem, figuring out which one fits best our needs, getting
it deployed, monitoring the project for security issues and alike.
All this considered, CPE feels that spending time on fpaste isn't the best use
of its time, especially considering the number of nicer pastebins out there.

Best,
Pierre