Re: Discussion around app retirements and categorizations by the CPE team

On Mon, Jul 22, 2019 at 4:59 PM Kevin Fenzi <kevin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 7/22/19 1:22 AM, Miro Hrončok wrote:
> > On 16. 07. 19 20:18, Pierre-Yves Chibon wrote:
> >> Good Morning,
> >>
> >> We posted this [1] blog today and want to open a mailing thread to garner
> >> feedback, field questions and get some thoughts from the Community on
> >> the approach that we in Community Platform Engineering (CPE) are taking.
> >>
> >> [1]
> >> https://communityblog.fedoraproject.org/application-service-categories-and-community-handoff/
> >>

> > What happens to Pagure? Specifically the dist-git over Pagure part?
> >
> > If it stays, the front page of a package st src.fp.o might get more love
> > and replace apps.fp.o, the Issues tab could be a page that replaaces
> > bugz.fp.o, etc.
> >
> > That said, I'm afraid Pagure might get replaced as well, correct?
>
> Anything is possible. Personally, I think the customization we have with
> pagure over dist git makes it a better frontend for our packages that
> any other solutions out there, but I am just one voice. ;)

I agree. pagure has matured quite a bit in the last year or so. For
example, the Stewardship SIG uses pagure (and pagure-over-dist-git)
for 90% of all out activities, including PRs, PR reviews, ticketing
system, ... and it works really well for that. I'd have no idea what
to replace it with should either of the pagure instances ever be shut
down (or replaced with something inferior again).

Fabio