Re: rawhide no longer recognizing autotool macros

On Wed, Jun 19, 2019 at 01:21:38AM -0400, Elliott Sales de Andrade wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Jun 2019 at 01:18, Philip Kovacs via devel
> <devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > OK, my builds are back in order having removed those macros and replaced them with commands.
> >
> > I expect that many package maintainers will be hit with this.

Yes. Let's change the expectation here: if you are a maintainer
introducing a change in your package that will impact many other
packages, please either
a) (preferably) just fix the dependent packages if easy
or
b) communicate widely at fedora-devel *in advance*.

We don't want to have confused packagers on fedora-devel, and we certainly
don't want packages failing in the mass rebuilds because of things that
are easily avoided.

In this case option a) is trivial, so I went ahead an run 'sed -r -i' over the
specs Elliot listed, removing __aclocal, __autoconf, __automake, __autoheader, __libtoolize.
I pushed the changes directly to git. 8 packages build OK with rpm-4.14.90, OpenIMPI fails for
unrelated reasons. slurm was already fixed.

Zbyszek