Re: Fedora 30 Beta Silverblue Feedback

On 05/04/19 00:54, Ty Young wrote:

However, there are serious issues with Fedora 30 Beta Silverblue(and maybe standard workstation?) with software repositories. On first boot, software center will display software and updates(and even be downloadable and installable) however and error message will popup saying that it can't create/read/writeto a directory(I don't have the specific text, sorry). Software repositories are listed in gnome-software as expected.

After rebooting all the software repositories are gone and checking for updates gives the error message saying that packagekit timedout doing a searchbypackagename or something like that. No software repositories show up in gnome software anymore. Gnome-software was very slow as well.

Silverblue is not using packagekit, so this error must be in gnome-software itself. You could report the issue on RedHat bugzilla [0] or directly to gnome-software Gitlab [1]

There seems to be an issue with Steam(flatpack edition) where it doesn't run at all. It spits out a libGL error saying that:

libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast

even with both 64 and 32 bit drivers installed. Am I missing something here?

Personally I'm using AMD with Mesa drivers and didn't saw any issue with Steam at all. My gaming station is running on Fedora 30 Silverblue Beta and Steam in Flatpak without issue. So this seems NVIDIA specific.

If you want help from Silverblue team you could ask them in #silverblue channel on freenode, on Discourse [2] or as far as I know they are using Fedora desktop mailing list.

mkonecny

[0] - https://bugzilla.redhat.com/
[1] - https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-software
[2] - https://discussion.fedoraproject.org/