Re: Orphaned packages to be retired (Java packages in 3 weeks)

On 13. 03. 19 18:05, Christopher wrote:
On Wed, Mar 13, 2019 at 10:07 AM Randy Barlow
<bowlofeggs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Tue, 2019-03-12 at 18:39 -0400, Christopher wrote:
Well, the packager experience I'm expecting in 3 weeks is: "almost
all
of my dependencies and BuildRequires are gone; I can't build
anything".
How much worse could it get than that?

Fair. I don't think we anticipated the large migration that happened
when we were discussing it, or at least, I personally don't recall
anyone bringing this up as a potential issue.

One of the threads on this topic included the phrase "everything will
most likely burn". So, it was certainly mentioned that it was a
serious issue. Mikolaj also stressed the importance of this issue
several times. Whether anybody took it seriously or not as an issue is
another matter, but it was definitely raised as a "potential issue".

That was me (the "everything will most likely burn" subject).
I take this seriously. Not seriously enough to allow half baked solution that will break more things, but seriously enough to be concerned and care.

--
Miro Hrončok