Re: modular repositories in mock configs: please don't

On Tue, Mar 5, 2019, 12:53 PM Miroslav Suchý <msuchy@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dne 04. 03. 19 v 17:34 Ken Dreyer napsal(a):

> I'm there with you Richard. I don't really get how I can get started building a module outside of the Fedora
> infrastructure's system (Koji or Copr).

In fact, Copr support building modules for ages - even before the modularity has been finalized.

You just create project in Copr, build regular packages there. Then you click on "Modules" tab, then "Create new
module", select which packages should be part of module and submit the form. Few seconds later your module should be ready.

Copr does not support all features of modularity, because the format of modules changed every few week and it was hard
for us to keep pace. But you are simply build simple module in Copr.

What I meant was that I don't know how to do this outside of Koji or Copr. My use cases:

* I want to experiment on my laptop,
* I want to build modules I cannot distribute through Copr,
* I have a large project with many changes every day, and if I sent all of those into copr.fedoraproject.org via Jenkins, it could melt down

With Fedora regular RPMs, fedpkg has "mockbuild" to do local builds. How can I do something similar on my laptop for a module?