Re: Reminder: Beta freeze and code complete deadline in one week

On 2/26/19 4:58 PM, Sérgio Basto wrote:
> On Tue, 2019-02-26 at 16:09 -0800, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
>>>
>>> I still haven't any compose for F30 completed, we should have time
>>
>> We have. The compose on the 24th finished and synced out.
>>
>>> build some packages against f30 buildroots , this situation also
>>> happened in F29 .
>>
>> The buildroot is in koji and is always updated, or do you mean
>> something
>> else?
>
> yes, without composes, buildroots on copr, mock and RPMFusion aren't
> updated .

Yeah, sadly true. You could use the fedora koji buildroot repo, but I
don't think we want to have too many people hit it.

> Without buildroots updated is much more difficult test the builds.
> Sorry for my bad mood , I'm tired, but since I'm on reflection , I
> think after mass rebuild with new gcc we should wait a little more
> until mass branching, new gcc always have a lot of FTBFS

Well, I don't think any of the compose failures were actually due to
gcc. It's mostly I think everyone dropping in there work so it lands in
f30, and it's up to us to integrate it and get composes working.

> No branched composes also means no testing installations, dnf broken
> deps and debug a lot of things .

I don't disagree, but we are trying as best we can to get composes
working. I don't think a delay would have helped in particular. People
finishing and landing things earlier so we had less of a chain of issues
would have helped, but I have no idea how to get that to happen. ;(

kevin