Re: Reminder: Beta freeze and code complete deadline in one week

On Tue, 2019-02-26 at 16:09 -0800, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On 2/26/19 11:11 AM, Sérgio Basto wrote:
> > On Tue, 2019-02-26 at 10:38 -0500, Ben Cotton wrote:
> > > According to the Fedora 30 schedule[1], the 100% code complete
> > > deadline[2] for Changes is Tuesday, 5 March. The beta freeze[3]
> > > takes effect on this date as well. All Changes should be in
> > > "ON_QA"
> > > state by then.
> >
> > I still haven't any compose for F30 completed, we should have time
>
> We have. The compose on the 24th finished and synced out.
>
> > build some packages against f30 buildroots , this situation also
> > happened in F29 .
>
> The buildroot is in koji and is always updated, or do you mean
> something
> else?

yes, without composes, buildroots on copr, mock and RPMFusion aren't
updated .

> > Question why composer are broken , when is most needed ?
>
> Because we don't have gating and everyone drops tons of changes in.
>
> > What I mean is Beta freeze should be postponed after two weeks of
> > composer start to work . Given 2 week to packages maintainers fix
> > the
> > FTBFS packages etc .
>
> You can work on FTBFS anytime... thats not constrained by the
> compose.

Without buildroots updated is much more difficult test the builds.
Sorry for my bad mood , I'm tired, but since I'm on reflection , I
think after mass rebuild with new gcc we should wait a little more
until mass branching, new gcc always have a lot of FTBFS

No branched composes also means no testing installations, dnf broken
deps and debug a lot of things .

Many thanks,
--
Sérgio M. B.