Re: F30 change, bootloaderspec by default

Le 2019-02-10 20:05, Chris Murphy a écrit :
On Wed, Feb 6, 2019 at 1:08 AM Javier Martinez Canillas

Between this feature for F30, and the F29 feature to hide the grub
menu which comes with boot success+fail marking by using the grubenv,
there are substantial changes in bootloading on Fedora that exist no
where else and near as I can tell there is no documentation at all. I
can't really call specs we don't fully follow, or feature pages, to be
documentation.

FYI I had to rescue two EFI rawhide system this week-end borked by grub changes. As far as I could reconstruct:

1. the new grub needs the env file to be regenerated or kernel scriplets will fail "environment block too small" 2. there are *two* versions of this file, one in EFI directory space another in /boot/grub2 3. half our tools think the correct path if the first one, the other the second is the correct one 4. they all depend on things written by the other half in a "common" file 5. it only works because the boot/grub2 is a symlink to the EFI version, syncing all the tools
6. but nothing makes sure it is
7. you you follow net advice blindly, you will break the symlink while regenerating the env file and fixing the error in 1. 8. the result is unbootable, it will miss the kernelopts line in the file the EFI bootloader reads. No kernelopts line, no root to pivot to in initramfs

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot