Re: Strange rawhide behaviour

On Sat, Feb 2, 2019 at 3:51 PM Adam Williamson
<adamwill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, 2019-01-30 at 15:37 +0100, Michal Schorm wrote:
> > Right.
> >
> > Yes, I'm trying to test the installation from the mirrors. There will
> > be a delay.
> >
> > Buildroot repo != compose repo.
> > That's where I was mistaken.
> >
> > Case closed, I'll wait :)
>
> Just as a note, what's in the 'rawhide' repo right now differs quite a
> lot from what's in the buildroot as we haven't had a successful compose
> since 2019-01-21. This is for various reasons - most recently
> libreoffice needed rebuilding for the poppler soname bump and did not
> build successfully for nearly a week, and now lorax has a dependency
> issue.
>
> (it occurs to me to wonder whether it should be a matter of policy that
> soname rebuilds that involve libreoffice must be done in a side tag,
> but Rawhide package gating may render that concern obsolete soon).

I would, as a matter of principle, refuse side tags as an acceptable
solution unless all packagers were given the ability to open and close
side tags freely for this purpose. Any comprehensive solution that
would permit Rawhide gating must also permit people an easy way to
submit and merge a multitude of things at once. Otherwise, we're just
screwed and everything gets harder and moves slower. :(

As an aside, this is the first time in a while I've heard Rawhide
gating brought up. Is there a discussion somewhere about this?