Re: Strange rawhide behaviour

On Wed, Jan 30, 2019, 14:56 Michal Schorm <mschorm@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hello,

I built "community-mysql" package in version 8.0.14 in rawhide.
It was built on top of "libicu-devel" 63.1-1.fc30

--

1)
But when I tried to install the community-mysql package into Rawhide, I got:

That means, it was available in the buildroot, but not in the repository.
How is that possible? The buildroot also need the exact same
repository to install packages from, right?

Not necessarily. Builds are only pushed to repositories after a successful compose, but are available in koji only a few minutes after they were built.

That means that packages built locally or on COPR (which use the rawhide repository) get "older" versions than the koji builds that have access to new packages pre-compose.

--

2)
When installed the latest icu build, I got:

Which means, "community-mysql" was built on top of the newer library
version that its dependencies.
Unfortunate, however that should sooner or later fix itself, thanks to
koschei rebuilding the packages.

Koschei does only koji scratch "test" builds, which aren't submitted to repositories at all.

Or at some point, rawhide will
undergo a system wide rebuild. Right?

Yes. Check the fedora 30 schedule - it was planned for today but delayed to tomorrow because of a known GCC bug.

Fabio

--

Michal

--