Re: F30 Self-Contained Change proposal: Retire YUM 3

On 28. 01. 19 18:27, Ben Cotton wrote:
(Note this change was previously submitted for Fedora 29:
https://pagure.io/fesco/issue/2064)

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Retire_YUM_3

Based on the entire discussion so far, here's my proposal:

 - we change this to a system wide change
 - we move it to Fedora 31
- we retire the packages from rawhide as soon as f30 is branched regardless of the dependent packages - packages with broken deps / FTBFS due to this will be retired if not fixed by beta freeze

Contingency mechanism:

- if some process (releng or similar) needs the packages in order to ship Fedora 31, the packages are added into a designated copr repo maintained by the person/team responsible for the tool that needs yum (or other packages retired)

- if the above is not possible and the packages are indeed needed in the actual f31 repos, packages are unretired but the person/team responsible for the tool that needs yum maintains them as long as they need them and retires them once that is no longer true

--
Miro Hrončok