Re: Proposal: Move to an annual platform release starting at F30

We can definitely talk about whether moving to a slower cadence for
certain parts of the base platform. But people don't judge Fedora on
how beautifully we maintain glibc and gcc - they mostly judge it by
installing it on a laptop and seeing how well it works. And it doesn't
really matter how reliably we can create minimal container images if
the workstation image doesn't compose or doesn't log in.

We need clear naming for the workstation releases we do. If we want to
call them F30, F30.1, F31, F31.1 we can, but that doesn't inherently
reduce load on releng or remove the need for infrastructure freezes
... my assumption was that the idea of delaying F31 is to actually
*not* do an operating system release for a year, and that's something
that I don't think we should do on an ongoing basis.

Owen