Re: FC3 -> FC4 Upgrade? (was Re: reducing distribution CD count)

David Woodhouse wrote:

On Fri, 2005-02-25 at 10:52 -0500, seth vidal wrote:

So the way I see it here are the items needed to make extras work for
fc4:

1. branch fc3 off of devel in extras cvs
2. get release updates in extras cvs spec files
3. build world
4. look for things that break
5. wash, rinse, repeat.

6. Add support to anaconda for multiple repositories (planned for FC5)

What we don't need right now is a lot of fatalism.

What we need is to do it in a controlled fashion; not just dump random packages when a release is imminent. Doing it in rawhide just after the release of FC4 would make sense, and then it will be fine in FC5.

I have to agree that the timing is a little bad, but package were added to rawhide after FC3 release so now that test1 release is coming up things move into perspective.

The packages are being removed. I say lets leave the horror stories until test1 is out there then

4. look for things that break
5. wash, rinse, repeat.