Re: Fedora should replace mailing lists with Discourse

On Fri, Oct 19, 2018 at 09:43:48AM -0400, Neal Gompa wrote:
> It's also bad for archiving, since threads are inherently unstable.
> Conversation splitting and merging is very awkward (as I've observed
> in the Snapcraft Discourse). I can keep going, but it doesn't matter,
> because you're dead set on this anyway.

I ... don't know how to engage constructively with this accusation, because
it it seems to come from absolutely nowhere. Yes, we're *definitely* trying
out Discourse. That's not a conspiracy — it's live! We're also trying out
HyperKitty. It's live too! We try stuff!

The rest of everything —  development resources, infrastructure, whether
there is widespread adoption — that's not something arguing over will
change. When we can *see* something is not working, we can't just complain
that those are unfair. we should try something else.

But the comments from several people implying some sort of fait accompli
here, that some backroom decision has been made, that we're somehow trying
to destroy communication.... seriously?

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>