Re: Orphaning some Java packages

Le vendredi 28 septembre 2018 à 10:26 -0400, Stephen John Smoogen a
écrit :
> On Fri, 28 Sep 2018 at 04:21, Nicolas Mailhot
> <nicolas.mailhot@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Le vendredi 28 septembre 2018 à 10:09 +0200, Mikolaj Izdebski a
> > écrit :
> > > This is already not met for Fedora. Lets look at ant package which
> > > you
> > > mentioned earlier.
> > >

> > That just shows it is urgent for Fedora to improve its handling of
> > bootstrapping operations, because major languages depend on it today
> > (Java is not the only one).
> >
> > It is not sustainable to require packagers to manage bootstraping
> > manually, because koji has no knowledge of it.
> >

> Can you explain what you mean by that?

I mean that when a larger and larger package set needs bootsrapping due
to upstream practices, we can't continue to have koji and mock treat it
like a weird exception that can be dealt with by manual packager
handling

Yes the packager has to document the bootstraping recipe in the spec,
but the tools should apply it automatically when normal builds fails,
not rely on manual switching of with/without bootstrap variables by the
packager, or manual computation of mass rebuild execution plans.

--
Nicolas Mailhot