Re: Orphaning some Java packages

On 24.9.2018 19:09, Mikolaj Izdebski wrote:
I'm in the process of transitioning maintenance of all software to
modules only. The reason is that module maintenance is much easier
compared to maintenance of non-modular, "ursine" packages.

Ideally these packages should be retired instead of orphaning them, but
these packages are build-required by a lot of other things.
This is an interesting situation. If more maintainers will decide to do this, we can easily break everything and only have modules, except we will no longer have any system to have those modules run on.

(I'm not saying you shouldn't do this; I'm just really concerned if modularity is actually helping Fedora as a whole or if it will eventually break it entirely.)

--
Miro Hrončok